Sunday, January 3, 2010

RSS

A RSS, or Really Simple Syndication, feed is as useful and effective as the blogs or websites being updated on it. (If that’s the way to say it.) As a teacher assigning students to blog, RSS could be an essential way of keeping up to date with what students are doing. As a student, getting the hang of checking an RSS feed is a habit I have yet to develop. It’s such a simple thing, and could give me such a better idea of what my fellow classmates are doing, but it take me a while to change how I operate. (Example: it was years before I programmed names and numbers into my cell phone. Before that I just remembered everyone’s number as I did with a landline. Ridiculous, I know.) The idea here is really simple and it could really simply keep me better informed; I simply need to get used to using the technology for the technology to work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment